Erlanger, Ky. (February 21, 2019) – The U.S. Department of Transportation released its average airfare ranking report for third quarter 2018, and the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG) once again has the lowest airfares in the region. Among the top 100 U.S. domestic airports, CVG ranked #83. Overall, airfares at CVG have dropped 45 percent and passenger traffic has increased 56 percent in the last four years.
Below is a summary of the CVG report:
- CVG average fare ($310) ranked #83, which was the same ranking in Q3 2017 and one of the best rankings since the report was first published in 1995.
- CVG ranked #83 – average fare $310
- Indianapolis (IND) ranked #61 – average fare $340
- Columbus (CMH) ranked #46 – average fare $356
- Louisville (SDF) ranked #26 – average fare $384
- Lexington (LEX) ranked #9 – average fare $421
- Dayton (DAY) ranked #8 – average fare $421
In January 2019, CVG set a new all-time monthly record for local passengers with a total of 278,440, a 5.3 percent increase year-over-year. For 10 months in a row, CVG has achieved new monthly local passenger records. Snapshot of local passenger totals for the previous four months:
- December 2018: 326,633
- November 2018:339,343
- October 2018: 374,975
- September 2018: 342,315