Erlanger, Ky. (October 15, 2019) – The U.S. Department of Transportation released its average airfare ranking report for second quarter 2019, and the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG) once again has the lowest airfares in the region. Among the top 100 U.S. domestic airports, CVG
ranked #74 with an average fare of $346; five percent below the national average of $364.
Below is a summary of the CVG report:
- CVG average fare ($346) ranked #74 in Q2 2019
- CVG ranked #74 – average fare $346
- Indianapolis (IND) ranked #57 – average fare $363
- Columbus (CMH) ranked #56 – average fare $364
- Louisville (SDF) ranked #37 – average fare $387
- Lexington (LEX) ranked #21 – average fare $407
- Dayton (DAY) ranked #5 – average fare $438
*Frontier data not included in U.S. DOT Q2 2019 Average Airfare Ranking Report.
CVG is serving more local passengers than ever before in its 72-year history. The airport set local passenger records in 16 of the last 17 months (through September 2019 reported), establishing a new all-time record for local passengers in June 2019 (426,246). For five years in a row, CVG has experienced local passenger growth each and every month.