Business Courier / Chris Wetterich / September 11, 2020
Two airlines are adding back more flights at Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport in time for the fall travel season.
Overall, the number of flights at CVG will increase 15% in October compared to September. CVG will have the most nonstop destinations among regional airports, including Dayton, Louisville, Lexington, Columbus and Indianapolis.
Delta Air Lines is adding back nonstop service to Washington-Reagan National airport, Boston, Las Vegas and Newark starting Oct. 1.
“The key restart in October is Boston because it wasn’t being served,” said CVG spokeswoman Mindy Kershner.
American Airlines is adding its nonstop seasonal service to Phoenix beginning Nov. 4. Flights will operate four days per week through April 4.
In total, airlines at CVG will serve 37 nonstop destinations in October.
“We’re pleased that additional nonstop service is returning, including service to Boston,” said CVG CEO Candace McGraw.
The pandemic has ravaged airlines and airports nationwide as leisure and business travelers stayed home in quarantine. At the height of the pandemic in April, the number of passengers at CVG was down 95%. In May, passengers were down 89%, while in June they were down 77%.
CVG’s current destinations
A list of cities that will have nonstop service from CVG as of Oct. 1 and the airlines that serve them.
Full Story Here
- Atlanta: Delta, Frontier
- Austin, Texas.: Allegiant
- Phoenix: Allegiant
- Boston: Delta
- Baltimore: Southwest
- Charleston, S.C.: Allegiant
- Charlotte, N.C.: Allegiant
- Washington, D.C.-Reagan National: Delta
- Washington, D.C.-Dulles: United
- Denver: Frontier and United
- Dallas: American and Frontier
- Detroit: Delta
- Newark, N.J.: Delta, Allegiant, United
- New York-LaGuardia: Delta
- Fort Lauderdale, Fla.: Allegiant
- Houston-Intercontinental: United
- Jacksonville, Fla.: Allegiant
- Las Vegas: Delta, Frontier, Allegiant
- Los Angeles: Delta, Allegiant
- Orlando: Delta, Frontier
- Chicago-Midway: Southwest
- Chicago-O’Hare: United, American
- Miami: American
- Minneapolis-St. Paul: Delta
- New Orleans: Allegiant
- Myrtle Beach, S.C.: Allegiant
- West Palm Beach, Fla.: Allegiant
- Punta Gorda, Fla.: Allegiant
- Philadelphia: American
- St. Petersburg, Fla.: Allegiant
- Fort Myers, Fla.: Delta, Frontier
- Savannah, Ga.: Allegiant
- Orlando-Sanford, Fla.: Allegiant
- Salt Lake City: Delta
- Sarasota/Bradenton, Fla.: Frontier, Allegiant
- Tampa: Delta, Frontier
- Destin-Fort Walton Beach, Fla.: Allegiant