Effective March 27, 2020, at Noon
EMPLOYEE LOT CLOSURE AND NEW EMPLOYEE PARKING GUIDANCE
With the reduction in flight activity, the Employee Lot entrance will close until further notice, effective March 27th at ~ Noon. Signage will be placed at the entrance to the lot and all entrance lanes will be closed and matrix badge swipe readers will be covered. Employees should proceed to the Terminal Parking Garage. See further instructions below.
The Employee pick up location (outside of Door 10) at the Terminal, will also have signage indicating the closure of the Employee Lot. (It’s important to note that we WILL still have SOME shuttles in operation to transport employees from the Terminal to the Employee Lot in order for them to retrieve their vehicles and the employee exit lanes will remain open for the time being until the majority of vehicles are out of the lot. However, the shuttles will be on a much-reduced schedule after March 27th so it may take some time for employees who are in the lot for more than one day to return from the Terminal to the Lot)
Garage Parking - new procedure to begin July 15, 2020
EMPLOYEE LOT RE-OPENING
As we continue to see a steady increase in passenger volumes, the Employee Lot is scheduled to re-open July 15th for employee parking.
- Employee shuttles will return to service.
- Effective July 15th, the matrix badge reader at the entrance to the garage plaza will be removed.
- Understanding that some vehicles cannot be moved by that time, the matrix badge reader at the exit to the garage plaza will remain until July 19th.
- On July 20th, all access to the garage by use of the matrix badge readers will be removed.
- If an employee pulls a ticket to the garage after July 14th, they will be subject to the daily posted garage rate of $10/day.
Changes have been made to the employee shuttles to ensure social distancing and safety while on-board. Dividers have been installed between seats and hand sanitizer units are available for use.
Hand sanitizer dispenser is available for use upon entry to the shuttle.
Garage Parking - updated May 27, 2020 and valid through July 14, 2020
While the Employee Lot is closed, all badged employees who remain working on-site at CVG, will be afforded Garage parking at NO COST. For employees to receive free Garage parking, the following instructions must be passed along to your staff:
Beginning June 1, 2020, employee parking in the garage will operate solely on the following procedures:
- Employees can only enter through LANE 1 of the Garage (previously entered through Lane 4) as noted in the picture below. Signage will be placed overhead at the lane indicating “Employee Only”.
- Employees will now swipe their badge using the Matrix reader to enter the garage. The matrix badge reader will display “Accepted” or “Rejected’ based on the employee’s access credentials. Once the badge is successfully read by the matrix badge reader, the gate arm will raise.
- We are asking employees to park on the roofs of the Garage (Rows C 14 – 22 and E 24-40) because the Parking Contractor is in the process of cleaning and power-washing the entire Garage.
- To exit the garage, employees will now swipe their badge using the Matrix reader at LANE 2 of the exit plaza.
Employee Garage Entrance Lane
Employee Garage Exit Lane
For further details, please see your CVG-based supervisor.
Parking for CVG employees and airline commuters based at CVG is available at the Employee lot located on Donaldson Road east of the airport. Access to this lot is by way of your CVG badge. Shuttles pick up and drop off at the Terminal.
Please note: vehicles may not be parked longer than 60 days and no oversized or recreational vehicles are permitted.
Expired badges will not operate the gates. To renew your ID badge, please contact the CVG ID Office at 859-767-3171.
Parking Questions — email us.